SAMBA v2.2.7a issues

Tim Oakley toakley at mailhost.maury-imprimeur.fr
Mon Feb 24 15:44:14 GMT 2003

Hi everyone,

I have recently installed the JYC SAMBA v227a and am really impressed by
the performance enhancements (sincere congrats. to JYC).

There are the usual teething problems but on the whole it is working
fine. I do however have two specific questions to put to the community
at present.

1. I have included the new smb.conf global option
     socket options = iptos_lowdelay
    In my client log files i see (very regularly) the message.
     "Unknown socket option iptos_lowdelay"
    If i run an "smbtestparm" the option is not flagged as unknown so why
    the message in the log files?

2. I have one particular user who has a repeated log file error message:
    "receive_local_message. Error in recvfrom. (invalid buffer length)."
    The error does not seem to create problems for the client but does
    mean that the log file for this client is very lengthy.
    Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

   Tim OAKLEY

   MAURY-IMPRIMEUR SA,