SAMBA v2.2.7a issues

COLLOT Jean-Yves Jean-Yves.COLLOT at cofiroute.fr
Mon Feb 24 16:34:45 GMT 2003

Hi everyone.

First, thanks for your thanks, and keep updated for the next release, which
will be available within a couple of weeks, I hope, because it will be
better...

For the 1st question ("Unknown socket option"), I am sorry, but I did not
remove from the valid list the IP options that are not available in VMS
TCP/IP Services. I just left all the options that are defined in the
standard Samba. Obviously, when you select an option which is not
implemented by TCP/IP Services, you'll have this error message in the log.
I'll try to think about removing what's not available in the next release.
However (who knows?) may be those options will be available in a future
release of VMS/TCP/IP ...

For the 2nd question, I have no idea what could happen. I added more
information in the error message (namely the buffer length, in order to know
why it's invalid), so we'll be able to investigate further with the next
release.

JY Collot