Samba WINS server killing NMBD process

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Wed Aug 14 01:46:28 GMT 2002

Message: 1
> From: Alder <ue191 at victoria.tc.canada>
>>
> It works!  Merci!  So it was the NMBD_WINSSERVER.OBJ that was 'bad' I
> guess, since our NMBD executables would appear to be identical.  My sole
> remaining issue is to get the modified OBJ module into my library.
> Unfortunately, I'm a VMS baby and can't do it myself.  Would you please
> take me through it?

You can modify the LINK command to find the NMBD_WINSSERVER.OBJ before
it finds the other modules.

Or you can use:

$LIBRARY/REPLACE XXXX.OLB NMBD_WINSSERVER.OBJ

Replace XXXX with the name of the library.  I can not remember the name
of the one for 2.0.6 with out doing some digging.

It seems that every time that I think I can get my system ready to start
building and debugging SAMBA again, something comes up, so I do not know
when I can get another build done.

I have not had a chance to even look at the 2.2.4 port to see how it
handled some of the stuff that I had problems with.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.network
Personal Opinion ONly