SWAT and VMS

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Fri Apr 5 03:41:17 GMT 2002

 > From: "Milton Baar" <baar at swoose.com.australia>
 >
 > OK, I give up!!!
 >
 > I can't get to a VAX (OpenVMS 7.2, TCPIP stack, Samba 2.0.6) using
 > SWAT.  I run the image from DCL, but can't get to it from a browser
 > on another machine. I can ping the address of the box, but using
 > aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd:901 gives nothing!
 >
 > Has anyone got it to run on VMS?

I did not have time to test it.  I am sorry to hear that it does not
appear to work. :-(

I did leave a note about that in one of the readme files though.

I think that SWAT needs to be installed as a TCPIP service that is
launched by the TCPIP auxiliary server.  That will probably require a
wrapper like I did to the SMBD program.

The wrapper allows the program to properly connect up to the right port
when it is run interactively or from the auxiliary server.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.network

 > ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C1DBE9.DD03EF10 Content-Type:
 > text/x-vcard;

Please turn off vcards when posting to mailing lists, thank you.

They tend to show up as HEX dumps when sent on the internet.