Joining a Windows DC to a Samba AD Domain

Ralph Boehme slow at samba.org
Mon Mar 27 15:53:20 UTC 2023

On 3/27/23 16:39, Rowland Penny via samba-technical wrote:
> I didn't think things were that bad, I thought you could join a 2008R2
> as a DC, though with the usual caveats(no sysvol replication etc) and
> that Samba was now halfway there on the 2012R2 DC, new Heimdal, 'claims'
> being actively worked on etc, so I think 'There be dragons' might be a
> bit dramatic.

from discussion here at the SerNet team what I seem to remember is that
it is generally not something you should be running in production. This
was confirmed by Björn. However, the only ones who know the state of
affairs are probably metze and Andrew. metze is currently on vacation so
I couldn't interview him right now. :)

-slow

--
Ralph Boehme, Samba Team                 https://samba.org/