Python 3.6 for Samba 4.13 in Sep 2020?

Morgan, Andrew Jason morgan at oregonstate.edu
Wed Mar 4 02:19:52 UTC 2020

How long can we expect to receive support for Samba v4.12 (the version that will work on Debian 9)?  Will that support align with the support timeframe for Debian 9, etc?

We tend to lag behind on upgrading our OS versions because it's a bit painful on a large file server.  I know that's not a great reason, but it's nice to stay on a supported platform as long as possible.  🙂

Thanks,
Andy Morgan
Identity & Access Management
Oregon State University