Latest Time Machine Patch

Kevin Anderson andersonkw2 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 00:20:57 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

> The F_FULLFSYNC extension "ensures that all data is flushed to stable storage”, according to the Apple documentation.
> This means, to me, that it ought to be mutually exclusive with `strict sync = no`.
> While `strict sync = yes` is the default, currently nothing stops someone from manually setting `strict sync = no` and `fruit: time machine` simultaneously.
> I’d recommend adding a check to ensure that is the case, if we don’t want to force it.

I personally agree with a warning in case a user sets strict sync to
no. I have added the check and reattached the patch series. Can I have
a review for these?

(Reordering/breaking up the commits was the most "interesting" time I
have had with Git to date. I have verified that they match in terms of
authors, dates, and content but if I messed something up please let me
know)

Thanks,
Kevin Anderson