Running samba and smbd processes together

Anoop Singh anoop.singh at celstream.com
Mon Sep 21 06:21:43 UTC 2015

Hi Mac,

Thanks a lot for the help.
I did 'ps' for samba. It gives me pid of one parent and 11-12 child processes.
When I did ps for 'smbd' specifically, I don't get any pid as "smbd" is not running. Looks like samba is not starting smbd. Do I need to configure something?
Also I want to share a directory by using the below mentioned smb.conf file which works as domain controller as well as file share.

# Global parameters
[global]
guest ok = yes
workgroup = TEST
realm = TEST.COM
netbios name = DC1
server services = rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl, winbind, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate, dns, smb
dcerpc endpoint servers = epmapper, wkssvc, rpcecho, samr, netlogon, lsarpc, spoolss, drsuapi, dssetup, unixinfo, browser, eventlog6, backupkey, dnsserver, winreg, srvsvc
idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

[netlogon]
path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/test.com/scripts
read only = No

[sysvol]
path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
read only = No

[dir_anoop]
path = /usr/dir_anoop
browseable = yes
guest ok = yes
writable = yes
available = yes
public = yes
create mask = 0755

Please let me know if you find any issue.

Thanks & regards,
Anoop.