Running samba and smbd processes together

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Mon Sep 21 06:36:18 UTC 2015

Hello Anoop,

Am 21.09.2015 um 08:21 schrieb Anoop Singh:
> Thanks a lot for the help.
> I did 'ps' for samba. It gives me pid of one parent and 11-12 child processes.
> When I did ps for 'smbd' specifically, I don't get any pid as "smbd" is not running. Looks like samba is not starting smbd. Do I need to configure something?

Doesn't it look like here?
https://cpaste.org/pxzr48gr5/xu0lpp/raw

If you don't have "smbd" child-processes, please let us see the output
of "ps axf" on your host.

> server services = rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl, winbind,
> ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate, dns, smb

Did you modified that line? I see no "s3fs", but an unexpected "smb" here.

Please try the default for DCs (with internal DNS):
server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl,
winbind, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate, dns

Regards,
Marc