Trying again at using the python samba_kcc

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Thu Apr 23 00:33:05 MDT 2015

On Thursday 23 April 2015 17:47:27 Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> > > I believe we have addressed most of these style issue later in the
> > > patch series (though not the docstrings -- thanks for raising that).
> > > Nevertheless I am still not really pleased by the overall style.
> >
> > I know it is a work in progress branch but there are a lot of commits
> > which
> > should be squashed into the patches where the code has been introduced.
>
> We have, as much as has been practical now done that.  The code now runs
> in each commit (except in the rename/split out work at the end, that is
> still WIP).  Remember that in this case, with the feature disabled by
> default in smb.conf, there is also no risk of lost bisect-ability.
>
> Given the complexity, recording these incremental development steps on
> the operating script is an important and helpful record in the aid of
> future development in this complex area, as it highlights the unexpected
> and/or undocumented aspects in small commits, and ensures these are not
> lost in the major rewrite.
>
> An updated branch is at
> http://git.catalyst.net.nz/gitweb?p=samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/kcc-in
> tersite-19 git://git.catalyst.net.nz/samba.git kcc-intersite-19

http://git.catalyst.net.nz/gitweb?p=samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=11218e9b5f2b8a4db5b57035d0e8a37069b0e0d9

Wouldn't it make a review more easier if the commit which introduces new code
already have correct documentation?

===

http://git.catalyst.net.nz/gitweb?p=samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=f8f7f6e57c8c74a39abdb9017af09ed93d8a12ac

This looks like a mistake when the code was introduced. Shouldn't it be
already correct in the code which introduces the code so that I do not get
errors cause of the wrong type bing used?

===

http://git.catalyst.net.nz/gitweb?p=samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=fc6e48e896015d53c957b1f1ad1f9f5f34e92e00

Is this an attempt or a fix? If it is fixed in a later commit both should
probably be squashed and the commit message should indicate what it fixes.

Cheers,

	-- andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: CC014E3D
Samba Team                             asn at samba.org
www.samba.org