Trying again at using the python samba_kcc

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Apr 22 23:47:27 MDT 2015

On Tue, 2015-04-21 at 14:15 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> On Friday 17 April 2015 21:44:21 Douglas Bagnall wrote:
> > > I've only had a quick look and read through the first set of changed
> > > files.
> > > Some superficial comments:
> > >
> > > * please follow the style guidelines:
> > >  - no lines over 80 characters
> > >  - PEP8: spaces around equals signs
> > >  - PEP8 : empty line before first method in class definition, and two
> > >  empty lines between>
> > >    top level objects like classes
> > >
> > >  - PEP8: "not foo" rather than "foo == False"
> > >  - PEP8: Please use single-line summaries in docstrings, and document
> > >  parameters
> > I believe we have addressed most of these style issue later in the
> > patch series (though not the docstrings -- thanks for raising that).
> > Nevertheless I am still not really pleased by the overall style.
>
> I know it is a work in progress branch but there are a lot of commits which
> should be squashed into the patches where the code has been introduced.

We have, as much as has been practical now done that.  The code now runs
in each commit (except in the rename/split out work at the end, that is
still WIP).  Remember that in this case, with the feature disabled by
default in smb.conf, there is also no risk of lost bisect-ability.

Given the complexity, recording these incremental development steps on
the operating script is an important and helpful record in the aid of
future development in this complex area, as it highlights the unexpected
and/or undocumented aspects in small commits, and ensures these are not
lost in the major rewrite.

An updated branch is at
http://git.catalyst.net.nz/gitweb?p=samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/kcc-intersite-19
git://git.catalyst.net.nz/samba.git kcc-intersite-19

Thanks!

http://samba.org/~abartlet/