[REVIEW REQUEST] recvmsg in socket_wrapper

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Mon Jan 20 12:46:21 MST 2014

Hi Andreas,

> I've implemented the last missing function in socket_wrapper, recvmsg(). I've
> based it on the code metze created some time ago. Jakub wrote a fd passing
> test and I've written a client server test. Please review the code you can
> find here:
>
> http://git.cryptomilk.org/projects/socket_wrapper.git/log/?h=recvmsg

Thanks! It's nice to see that my work is finally finished:-)

However I don't see were you transfer the 'struct socket_info' transparently
while doing fd-passing. Otherwise it's not possible to pass socket
fds across to another process.

Otherwise I think it looks good, can you also backport this
to the current samba socket_wrapper code, I'd like to have that
also more or less complete before we remove/replace it with your
new code.

metze