Windows 7 fails to join Samba 4 AD - about to give up on samba4 as NOT WORKING

Ricky Nance ricky.nance at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 13:46:39 CEST 2013

Check log.samba and see what it says, log.smbd is for the fileserver
backend and those messages are normal. The log.samba may tell you that you
have a port in use already (which is normally the case)... Does smbclient
//localhost/sysvol -Uadministrator connect up and work fine? Also to
doublecheck some things try netstat -anp | grep 88 | grep "LISTEN " and
then the same for 53 both before you start samba and after, these seem to
be the common ports that I see blocked (in use) by most distros.

Ricky