Windows 7 fails to join Samba 4 AD - about to give up on samba4 as NOT WORKING

Mauro M. mm12 at ezplanet.net
Fri Sep 13 15:36:17 CEST 2013

Hello Ricky,

I have just double checked ports 88 and 53 and I confirm that when samba
is stopped no service is listening to either, whilst when samba is started
then samba is the service listening to them. Here is a copy of the result
of netstat -anp for both:
[root at metis samba]# netstat -anp|grep 53
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:53                  0.0.0.0:*
 LISTEN      5496/samba
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:53                  0.0.0.0:*
             5496/samba

[root at metis samba]# netstat -anp|grep 88
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:139                 0.0.0.0:*
 LISTEN      5488/smbd
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:88                  0.0.0.0:*
 LISTEN      5490/samba
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:445                 0.0.0.0:*
 LISTEN      5488/smbd
tcp        0      0 :::139                      :::*
 LISTEN      5488/smbd
tcp        0      0 :::445                      :::*
 LISTEN      5488/smbd
udp        0      0 192.168.10.72:88            0.0.0.0:*
             5490/samba
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:88                  0.0.0.0:*
             5490/samba

I am also attaching smb.conf and log.samba.

I have stopped, deleted the old log and restarted samba before going onto
the Windows 7 client and attempting to join the domain again so that I
could get a clean log including samba initialization, however the same
happens even if I boot Windows 7 client and try to join all whilst samba
is running.

I hope that someone could help.

Mauro