Volenteers to review my patches? Anyone interested in pairing up with me?

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sat Mar 23 10:36:34 MDT 2013

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 09:13:24PM +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> So, rather than guessing, is there someone on the team who would like to
> work closely with me to review the changes I'm making?  Just knowing
> that you will look (yes/no/don't know/ask ...) at the changes each day
> would make a massive difference to me.

+1 on this. The review system works much better when
you are working closely with someone. It can be very
frustrating trying to get someone's attention to get
a patch reviewed, especially when everyone seems busy
on other things, but I still think it's ultimately
worthwhile.

> For my part, I'm very happy to review patches across the entire tree
> from all developers (both on and off the team), and you will notice that
> I've done quite a bit of that of late.  I'm happy to pick these up off
> the samba-technical list, or be CC'ed on them, as for my part, patch
> review (particularly of simple/uncontroversial patches) is generally a
> first priority.  Also, you may always feel free to ping me on IRC about
> patches.

I've been trying to do the same on that. Just call me team-review-patch
monkey :-).

> If you would like to work closely with me on the AD DC, please do let me
> know.

I understand your problem here, but the AD DC code just isn't my area so
I'm not the right person to help, sorry :-(.

Jeremy.