Volenteers to review my patches? Anyone interested in pairing up with me?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Mar 23 15:43:10 MDT 2013

On Sat, 2013-03-23 at 09:36 -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 09:13:24PM +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> >
> > So, rather than guessing, is there someone on the team who would like to
> > work closely with me to review the changes I'm making?  Just knowing
> > that you will look (yes/no/don't know/ask ...) at the changes each day
> > would make a massive difference to me.
>
> +1 on this. The review system works much better when
> you are working closely with someone. It can be very
> frustrating trying to get someone's attention to get
> a patch reviewed, especially when everyone seems busy
> on other things, but I still think it's ultimately
> worthwhile.
>
> > For my part, I'm very happy to review patches across the entire tree
> > from all developers (both on and off the team), and you will notice that
> > I've done quite a bit of that of late.  I'm happy to pick these up off
> > the samba-technical list, or be CC'ed on them, as for my part, patch
> > review (particularly of simple/uncontroversial patches) is generally a
> > first priority.  Also, you may always feel free to ping me on IRC about
> > patches.
>
> I've been trying to do the same on that. Just call me team-review-patch
> monkey :-).

Can you please pick up the build patches I sent over the last week then?
We need to revert rusty's wrong patch for btrfs, and apply the one I
sent on Wednesday, and we need the PIDL/CPP build patches I did for
monyo.

It would be a great relief to know you are happy to pick up and review
the various small patches I produce, across the tree, because it is for
these that the frustration is worst.

Thanks,