samba-tool classicupgrade not migrating attributes such as givenName, sn, mail

Justin Foreman jforeman at dignitastech.com
Tue Mar 19 07:58:14 MDT 2013

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 3:25 AM, Torsten Kurbad <
samba-technical at tk-webart.de> wrote:

> >For migrating our environment last september I wrote a small shell
> >script, that retrieves the required attributes from the old LDAP via
> >ldapsearch and add them to the AD via ldapmodify.
>
> I did something similar. In fact, it's pretty trivial to do so.
>
> As Marc did, I retrieved all the necessary additional attributes via
> ldapsearch from the old server and used ldbmodify to directly "inject"
> them into the sam.ldb of Samba 4.
>
> Nonetheless, as for Marc's script, mine isn't pretty and/or documented
> as well... ;-)
>
> Best,
> Torsten

Okay. I reviewed the code and didn't see anything obvious which would
migrate that data, but I just wanted to ensure that I wasn't missing
anything.

Thanks all. Incredible project. I'm very happy to finally be setting up an
Active Directory domain while keeping my core infrastructure Windows free!