samba-tool classicupgrade not migrating attributes such as givenName, sn, mail

Torsten Kurbad samba-technical at tk-webart.de
Tue Mar 19 01:25:52 MDT 2013

>For migrating our environment last september I wrote a small shell
>script, that retrieves the required attributes from the old LDAP via
>ldapsearch and add them to the AD via ldapmodify.

I did something similar. In fact, it's pretty trivial to do so.

As Marc did, I retrieved all the necessary additional attributes via
ldapsearch from the old server and used ldbmodify to directly "inject"
them into the sam.ldb of Samba 4.

Nonetheless, as for Marc's script, mine isn't pretty and/or documented
as well... ;-)

Best,
Torsten