[Announce] Samba 3.6.16 Available for Download

Rowland Penny repenny241155 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 04:34:51 MDT 2013

Hi
I don't think that a 4.0.6 file server is any different from an S3
fileserver, it is the same code, isn't it?
The problem at the moment is that all the S4 packages available seem to be
broken to some extent or other. This needs to be sorted out sooner rather
than later or Samba will have to do an XP and extend the maintenance of 3.6.

I personally have given up using 3.6 and only use 4.0.6, both for the
server and clients.

Rowland