[Announce] Samba 3.6.16 Available for Download

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Mon Jun 24 03:45:53 MDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-06-19 at 11:10 +0100, Rowland Penny wrote:
> Hi Steve, but what you have to remember is that 4.1 is planned for
> release in september 2013, if release planning sticks to schedule then
> 9 months later in june 2014 i.e 12 months from now, 4.2 should be
> released at which point 3.6 will be discontinued.
>
> Rowland

Hi
OK, I can understand that but what doesn't make sense is that those who
use separate DC's and fileservers chooose 4.0.6 and 3.6.x respectively
and almost exclusively. If 4.0.6 is the latest stable version, then why
not go with 4.0.6 for the DC and 4.0.6 file server? What does the 3
series have that the 4 series doesn't that makes it a better file
server?
Cheers,
Steve