Single binary to rule them all!

Ricky Nance ricky.nance at weaubleau.k12.mo.us
Mon Feb 18 17:49:21 MST 2013

As the subject says, I (along with a few others that I have spoken with)
think that it would make sense that the 'samba' binary would take the lead
and start the other binaries as needed (smbd, nmbd, and winbindd). So what
I am looking for is possibly starting on something in writing about the
'server role' directive. I know there are a few supported right now, but
would like to have a list that says, if directive A, directive B, and
directive C exist in a config, then it MUST be server role A. I think this
would be the first essential step in a single binary startup, and that ,I
feel, would make package maintainers much happier.

Thanks for your feedback,
Ricky