Samba 4 and winbind

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Mon Apr 15 14:48:19 MDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 03:02:07PM -0400, Ira Cooper wrote:

> You can convey the SAME sentiments without offending those around you.  If
> Jeremy is laying into you... one of the team's most valuable resources is
> closing off to you simply due to your attitude.

Well I didn't think I was laying into anyone. If I'm really
cross then it's much more obvious :-). I'm not even annoyed
actually.

I'm just trying to explain that saying "XXX *SUCKS*" isn't
a bug report, or even a way to get anything fixed.

Saying "XXX *SUCKS* because when I do this, ZZZ happens,
and I think it should do YYY" is an actual bug report,
and gives us something actionable we can work on.

I've heard so many years of directionless moaning
that it just washes over me now, I don't even notice
it anymore :-).

But teaching someone how to log an actual bug (which
Roland has now done - hurrah !) - that's *real* progress.

Cheers,

Jeremy.