Samba4 RC1: bind DNS failure

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Thu Sep 13 12:46:59 MDT 2012

On 13/09/12 20:30, Peter Clark wrote:
> Isn't it supposed to be either/or now? Use BIND with DLZ or flatfile, or
> convert everything over to Samba's internal DNS server (including all your
> other zones that were served by BIND but now need to be created with the
> server admin DNS tool)?

Hi Peter
Phew. Just, 'including all your other zones that were served by BIND',
makes us run away. But OK Yeah.

What we were expecting with RC1 was 'as you were' as of the last beta9.
RC's are normally as bulletproof as you can get them. But in this case
we decided to introduce new features. Great for first adopters.
Disastrous for those of us who have struggled through the years. .  How
wrong could we have been.

Cheers,
Steve