lock directory / wins

Marc Muehlfeld Marc.Muehlfeld at medizinische-genetik.de
Tue Sep 11 12:29:58 MDT 2012

> 137 is the nmbd port and I do not run nmbd, in fact I think that you now
> cannot run the samba & nmbd daemons together.
>
> It could be that you are trying to run your s3 server as if it was an NT
> domain server, if you are, you need to start thinking AD, start by going here:
>
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_%26_Active_Directory

The WHATHSNEW.txt said:
There is no NetBIOS browsing support (network neighbourhood) available for the
AD domain controller.  (Support in nmbd and smbd for classic domains and
member/standalone servers is unchanged).

That's why I tought why my s4 DC can't provide the network neighbourhood list
for the network.

So what do I need to get a working network neighbourhood list (with all
machines from from all subnets) and a working wins server (regardless if it's
provided by the s4 DC or a s3 member)?

Regards,
Marc

--
Marc Muehlfeld (IT-Leiter)
Zentrum für Humangenetik und Laboratoriumsmedizin