Code review required for commits - Discuss.

Ira Cooper ira at samba.org
Thu Oct 11 16:54:50 MDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 4:33 PM, Matthieu Patou <mat at samba.org> wrote:
> In general I'm mostly ok with this proposal but we have to aware that will
> increase the workload on some of us.
> Also I want to have precision on how to handle the failure in autobuild and
> I'd like to see a kind of watchdog so that patches can't wait more that xx
> days for review.

I think Matthieu has a point here, and it is important.  Timely review
is going to be key.

And I'm going to amend myself:  If there is code that has sat for 3
business days, the author/sponsor may push.  A simple flag for review
will buy time to do the review on complex code.  Use your brain.  But
if there are no flags... that is consent from "samba-technical".

> Finally as we did so far we can try this rule on a voluntary basis (it was
> the case for autobuild too) and see how it flies for 1 or 2 months.

I'd actually like this, especially in the fileserver areas which seem
to be causing the sensitivity.  In any case, I'd like this to be
something we revisit.

-Ira