Code review required for commits - Discuss.

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Fri Oct 12 00:50:44 MDT 2012

On 2012-10-11 at 21:58 -0400, simo wrote:

> As far as I am concerned 1 signoff (author) and 1 ack should be
> sufficient, independently of who is the author.
> However it would be really desirable that who acks is the maintainer.

Since we have not really carried the maintainer thing through,
this does actually not have a strict meaning for many code paths.

I'd say, when a subsystem has a mantainer then (s)he should feel
especially responsible. But it should not be a requirement that
the maintainer do the review/sign-off unless the mainainership
policy for the subsystem explicitly requres it.

We could at this point also re-think our maintainership model
that we started in some subsystems a while ago.

Cheers - Michael