Experience with migration from samba3 to samba4 and ovirt tests

Alejandro aescanero at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 09:02:51 MST 2012

I use the samba-tool domain samba3upgrade to move from samba3 ldap to
samba4. All was ok, but when I was triing to add domain to a Ovirt 3.1
Engine I find that no user has a UPN (UserPrincipalName) attribute.

Ovirt use UPN in the ldap search to find the username with the usual format
LOGIN at DOMAINFQDN, but I find me forced to use a ldap tool to add the UPN
attribute to the needed users.

Is a problem with migration or Samba4 don't create the UPN attrbute?

Thanks for all.

--
Alejandro Escanero Blanco
Consultor de sistemas basados en fuentes abiertas
Jabber: blainett at jabberes.com