Samba4 Web server?

Charles Tryon charles.tryon at gmail.com
Thu May 31 20:03:35 MDT 2012

Another point to clarify while looking at the Samba4 Wiki...

I was looking over the Samba4 Wiki (https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4),
gathering information to do a seminar talking about Samba4, and I noticed a
statement under the Current Status heading.  It says there that the Samba4
team has, "implemented an embedded web server," in addition to the KDC and
LDAP servers.  I thought this was interesting, since in all the time I've
been on these lists, I don't ever remember hearing any discussion regarding
a Samba "Web service".  (I've seen some talk about Web based front ends to
Samba configuration and administration, but those appear to be mostly
independent, third party projects.)

Is this an idea that was originally proposed and then died a quiet death,
or is there a Web server still lurking in there, and working so well that
no one ever thinks about it???  ;-)

Thanks!

--
    Charles Tryon