Migrate from 2k3r2 to Samba4

Preston Kutzner shizzlecash at gmail.com
Thu May 31 16:02:12 MDT 2012

Hello list,

I'm a bit of a Samba4 newb and I'm looking to migrate our existing 2k3r2
installation to a Samba4 server instead.  We have a really simple AD domain
(~40 machines) and I'd like the Samba4 machine to handle the AD/DNS/DHCP
but I don't wan't to have to move all my client machines to a new domain.
 Could someone point me to the appropriate documentation for making this
happen.

I've been able to follow the HOWTO to get a new S4 domain set up, I'm just
at a loss as to all the steps I need to do to migrate one.  I'll be using
the latest alpha21 and a lot of the documentation I'm finding is for older
versions.  Thanks.