Preperation for Samba 4.0 beta1!

Jeremy Allison jra at
Thu May 24 12:02:25 MDT 2012

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 09:10:36PM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-05-24 at 12:30 +0200, Kai Blin wrote:
> > Would it have hurt anybody to give a one-week warning instead of "I'll
> > cut the beta tomorrow"? 
> Yes, it does hurt actually, because as soon as we start waiting for one
> more feature, we start stalling releases.  If we wait another week, and
> then we wait a bit longer for ntdb to settle in, then we miss May
> totally.  Another beta will be around soon enough - just let me know as
> soon as you have a feature you would like released, and I'll take that
> as encouragement to turn the crank again!

If beta is to mean something, I think we need a weeks notice for
everyone involved to review and at least sign off on things that
aren't going to be addressed for the beta. 1 day isn't enough
for that.

I'm sorry you're busy next week (it's a holiday Monday here in
the US too) but that's not an excuse to release in such a rush.


More information about the samba-technical mailing list