Preperation for Samba 4.0 beta1!

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Thu May 24 04:57:50 MDT 2012

Hi Kai and Andrew,

Kai Blin wrote:
> On 2012-05-24 11:58, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > I've pushed a WHATSNEW for Samba 4.0 beta1, and flipped the switch to
> > make s3fs the default for new provisions.

Thanks for doing that change!

> > I would like to cut a beta tomorrow, once we sort out the krb5 ccache
> > issue I'm working with ab on.  Please let me know if that would be a
> > problem, and feel free to update/expand the WHATSNEW.
>
> I'm a bit unhappy about the short notice here.

I agree with Kai that we should have a little more forerun.
I was myself uncertain if it would have been too short noticed
to propose wednesday (30 May) or thursday (31 May) next week
for a beta1. Andrew: What do you think?

Regarding the DNS server, I do care too, and find the internal one
incredibly useful. So it should get mentioned. It does not seem
like we will change the default for beta1, but I would strongly
argue to move forward with it and maybe change the default in a
later beta or rc1. Considering the latest mails on the list,
the bind-dlz setup also has its problems. Kai: I would like to go
over what needs to be done for the DNS server with you if we
manage to find a time slot...

Cheers - Michael