[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri May 18 12:39:09 MDT 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 08:08:00PM +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:

> I will be fine with it if comes as part of the general rule
> I proposed a while ago that you can't push your own patches.
> Making an exception for a revert does not make sense.
> Technically, I did not do reverts not to blow up commit
> count unnecessarily, I created a new patch that undoes the
> changes. This code was not ready as I posted it, and it did
> cause severe problems for Andrew. So the only sane thing was
> to pull them as quickly as autobuild would allow it. This
> way Andrew was no longer blocked in his work.

I am watching you talking yourself into the mindset of "I was
right to revert". I don't think that is the case.

What *specific* problems did the patch cause ?

Don't just say "autobuild" flakeyness. I had a conversation
with Andrew myself a day or so ago where he commented that
he wanted to push his ACL patches that I had reviewed as
"he currently had the time to nurse them past the current
autobuild" flakeyness. So no, I am of the opinion that
this patchset did not cause any extra autobuild problems.

I reviewed it remember.

Jeremy.