Samba4 BDC with Samba4 PDC

Kai Blin kai at samba.org
Wed Jun 6 08:49:41 MDT 2012

On 2012-06-05 14:20, Mike Howard wrote:

> Using the 'SAMBA_INTERNAL' as the backend, automatic updates work for
> linux and Windows clients out of the box, even devices such as printers
> and my Sonos music system components get updated, which is great. I did
> struggle with 'SAMBA_INTERNAL' though, it kept dying, for no apparent
> reason and frequently, only rebooting would get it back up, so I went
> back to using BIND9_DLZ.

Which makes me wonder about your system. There's no reason at all why a
restart of the samba process wouldn't be sufficient to get DNS back into
working condition, even if it did fail.

Additionally, is there any pattern on your DNS failures with the
internal server? Any specific requests that cause it to die?

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin