When we retrieve the ACL for a file we should cache it in the FSP to avoid retrieving it multiple times ...

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 20:58:53 MDT 2012

Hi,

I have noticed that when handling NTCreate&X, for example, we retrieve
the ACL multiple times.

It would seem better, perhaps, to cache the ACL in the FSP rather than
retrieving it multiple times.

This seems to be because in several places we call
can_delete_file_in_directory or can_write_to_file in a variety of
places, including where we already have an FSP and actually know that
access_granted ...

It would seem that we can do better, although I know that people have
been busy recently :-)

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe