Samba4 at remote sites.

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Mon Oct 17 16:11:24 MDT 2011

On 18/10/2011 00:03, Jeff Sadowski wrote:
> I'm getting a lot of errors in the logs from moving my samba domain
> controllers to their remote sites.
>
> In sites and services from my windows 2003 DC
> I created sites for each of my locations and subnets for each.
> I made sure I associated the correct site with each subnet.
> I then had my servers physically moved to their locations after
> altering their ip's to fit their locations subnets.
> I then cleaned up dns of the old ip's and let it create the new ones
> when they came up.
> At this point I started having replication issues.
Which kind of issues ?

> I tried creating an IP Inter-site transport between the main site and
> my remote sites
> associating a cost of 430 with my remote sites as per recommended by
> http://www.windowsreference.com/windows-2000/how-to-configure-active-directory-site-link-cost/
> given that my remote sites only have approximately 250K upload
I think we don't really support this, and we are currently replicating
with all the other DCs
> I then removed the remote sites form the DEFAULTIPSITELINK (not sure
> if I was suppose to)
>
> It appears to be having problems still. Does anyone else use samba4
> DC's in multiple sites?
>
> What commands can I run to help troubleshoot these issues from my
> windows 2003 DC
> What commands can I run from my linux DC's to help troubleshoot the
> replication issues.

We need to know about your "issues" before telling you what can be done,
for sure not a lot of persons have used sites last week we fixed a
couple of bugs in this area.

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou