Samba4 at remote sites.

Jeff Sadowski jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 10:05:02 MDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 4:11 PM, Matthieu Patou <mat at samba.org> wrote:
> On 18/10/2011 00:03, Jeff Sadowski wrote:
>>
>> I'm getting a lot of errors in the logs from moving my samba domain
>> controllers to their remote sites.
>>
>> In sites and services from my windows 2003 DC
>> I created sites for each of my locations and subnets for each.
>> I made sure I associated the correct site with each subnet.
>> I then had my servers physically moved to their locations after
>> altering their ip's to fit their locations subnets.
>> I then cleaned up dns of the old ip's and let it create the new ones
>> when they came up.
>> At this point I started having replication issues.
>
> Which kind of issues ?

When on Windows 2003 DC and go to sites and services and go to
[site name]->Servers->[server name]->NTDS Settings
right click on an Active Directory Connection and hit replicate now
I get an error

"The following error occurred during the attempt to synchronize naming
context <my domain name> from Domain Controller <my Windows 2003 DC