To release Samba 4.0 'as is'

Michael Croes mycroes at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 13:54:37 MST 2011

I run Samba 4 from Ubunu Oneiric, with which the Bind DLZ module seems to
be in a sub-optimal state. Because of that I reverted back to a flat file
config, however DNS updates are not working properly, which means my second
DC is not in DNS at all... This might be an error on my side, so I can't
really blame this on Samba without proper investigation.

The part of having to restart Samba is harder. It occurs from time to time,
but I haven't found anything meaningful in the log files yet. Also I
currently don't have any time to investigate this issue, resulting in
manual restarts when needed.

Another one I might add though is that lot of ldap searches (probably over
a single connection) cause the ldap server not to respond (for the single
connection only), which I occassionally see when spammers target half the
company with a single email and postfix does a recipient address lookup. I
would almost call this a feature due to the spam-hindering result.
Regards,

Michael