To release Samba 4.0 'as is'

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Tue Nov 22 12:42:25 MST 2011

On 22/11/2011 20:23, Michael Croes wrote:

> I currently have to deal with occassional Samba restarts and half-working
> DNS, which sucks in production. it's good enough for me to use with around
> 100 users, but calling this a stable release would be crazy.
> Regards,
I'm interested to know what you call a half working DNS and also it's interesting to know why you have to occasionally restart samba.

I have a production with 2 DCs, email relying on LDAP for alias and mailbox resolution and I have a script that is monitoring Samba.

The script tells me when it restarts samba, and I think it occurs maybe once every 3 months, I think it's quite ok to call it stable (for the AD-DS part).
But if you can share your problems with us then we can certainly improve the situation.

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team