To release Samba 4.0 'as is'

Michael Croes mycroes at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 12:23:25 MST 2011

I totally agree on points made by people against a Samba 4 release soon. It
will probably result in similar situations as have occured with Gnome 3 and
KDE 4.

However, as someone using Samba 4 in production (authentication for proxy-,
file- and mailservers, domain controller, mail routing) I would like
something distributions can build on. Personally I don't care about fs
support in Samba 4, every serious organization can devote a seperate
computer/server to it.

For me I'd rather see monthly or bi-monthly packages in an Ubuntu PPA than
an early Samba 4 release. Or maybe just some good guidance on how to
package Samba 4 so people have something to start with.

I currently have to deal with occassional Samba restarts and half-working
DNS, which sucks in production. it's good enough for me to use with around
100 users, but calling this a stable release would be crazy.
Regards,

Michael
Op 22 nov. 2011 07:13 schreef "Andrew Bartlett" <abartlet at samba.org> het
volgende: