(samba4) winbind "protocol"???

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jun 30 00:03:54 MDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-29 at 22:43 +0200, Gémes Géza wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for being an absolute newby again, but is there any specification
> about what calls needs a winbind implementation support (besides the
> obvious ones resulting from the parameters of wbinfo id and getent
> commands)?
> I've found references to one in
> source4/winbind/wb_samba3_protocol.c:74-206 but dunno if this is a
> complete list, or not?

That, and the header files that others have mentioned are the complete
Samba3 protocol (as it currently stands).  Samba4 also listens on IRPC,
which is one of the reasons we can't 'just' drop in the source3 winbindd
implementation.  The IRPC commands are specified in
source4/librpc/idl/winbindd.idl

I hope this helps,