Pseudobacklinks patches and related patches

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Jun 12 04:07:22 MDT 2011

On Sun, 2011-06-12 at 10:17 +0200, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer wrote:
> Hi ekacnet,
>
> this is tremendously impressive work.
>
> My comments:
> - I don't want to criticise too much but still I'm worried: do we really
> need these numerous new uses of the RELAX control? Is it not possible to
> start moving to the PROVISION one? I would be really glad to see some
> unification happening between the different methods of relaxing.

Actually, we should be doing the reverse, using more specific controls
and flags as we find the need for them.  The PROVISION control should be
used for provisioning, the relax flag on el->flags where practical and
then either a new control or relax, as appropriate.

This will allow us to ensure we only relax the things a particular
caller needed, rather than 'no checking at all'.