Pseudobacklinks patches and related patches

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Sun Jun 12 03:28:04 MDT 2011

On 12/06/2011 12:17, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer wrote:
> Hi ekacnet,
>
> this is tremendously impressive work.
>
> My comments:
> - I'm glad to see the drop of the "dsdb_module_rename" comment patch
> since I have been by no ways able to reproduce your mentioned failure.
> This has to be investigated further.
> - I don't want to criticise too much but still I'm worried: do we
> really need these numerous new uses of the RELAX control? Is it not
> possible to start moving to the PROVISION one? I would be really glad
> to see some unification happening between the different methods of
> relaxing.

Well in theory there is no new use of the relax control:

+        if (ldb_request_get_control(ac->req, LDB_CONTROL_RELAX_OID)) {
-            !ldb_request_get_control(ac->req, LDB_CONTROL_RELAX_OID) &&
-                        LDB_CONTROL_RELAX_OID) == NULL) {
-                    !ldb_request_get_control(ac->req,
LDB_CONTROL_RELAX_OID)) {
+    if (ldb_request_get_control(req, LDB_CONTROL_RELAX_OID)) {
-            !ldb_request_get_control(ac->req, LDB_CONTROL_RELAX_OID)) {

Of course there is much more occurrence of relax_asked, but that's
because you have to set it and declare it.
In fact the only increase of relax is in objectclass for relaxing a test
about defaultObjectCategory and it just replicate the relax that we have
in source4/dsdb/samdb/ldb_modules/samldb.c in function
samldb_find_for_defaultObjectCategory.

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou