[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated

Thu Jul 21 09:23:36 MDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 04:50:02PM +0200, Christian Ambach wrote:
> The branch, master has been updated
>        via  fb766cd s3-waf: fix a libcrypto configure check
>        via  bca69bf s3:winbindd remove an unused variable
>        via  410c4de s3:utils fix a compiler warning
>        via  62825b0 s3:modules/vfs_afsacl fix a compiler warning
>        via  4370dc1 s3:afs make path argument to afs_syscall const
>        via  dcd10fa s3:modules/vfs_afsacl fix a compiler warning
>        via  c5cbdc2 s3:modules/vfs_afsacl use stdbool types

Can somebody PLEASE explain to me what the point of these
checkins is? What functional change makes False->false
necessary except to just clutter the git blame?

I had thought pure reformatting is not wanted by our coding
style as it also clutters git blame output. If that has
changed recently, I do apologize for my misunderstanding and
I would appreciate a pointer to the relevant discussion
thread.

If pure reformattings are now a wanted code change in Samba,
we can certainly "improve" a LOT of code.

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9