Reformatting code

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Fri Jul 22 02:04:06 MDT 2011

Hi Volker,

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2011-June/078234.html

> If pure reformattings are now a wanted code change in Samba,
> we can certainly "improve" a LOT of code.

If someone currently works on a specific code part,
I think it's ok to do some cleanups before.

But this should be done in small steps.
We should not abuse this with bulk commits.

If "git blame -w file" finds a wrong commit,
you can use "git blame commit^ -- file" to find the correct one.
Instead of git blame I often use "git log -p --stat -- file", while
I search for a specific string in the called $PAGER.

metze