patches (mostly) for dbcheck

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Wed Jul 6 15:58:04 MDT 2011

Hi Andrew,

While fixing my broken provision I made some patches for dbcheck:
http://git.samba.org/?p=mat/samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/dbcheck

A couple of them have been already discussed (and adapted), the last 4
four remains.

As I told you we don't play nicely with linked attribute when we purge a
deleted object, leaving the database with broken inactive link, it seems
not to be much of a concern to windows 2003 but windows 2008 is more
concerned ...
I guess we should have a fix in dbcheck to fix current provision.

I also discovered some problems that we should check:

* schemaIdGUID, I had duplicated schemaGUID, I'm not sure if we still
allow the creation of a schema object that has the same schemGUID as
another, if so we shouldn't and we should also improve dbcheck to check
it  and fix it!
* mSBehaviour-Version, I had a mismatch on this (forest was higher than
domain or domain controller), I guess it should be checked and fixed also
* ntMixed, same remark
* subrefs, this attribute is missing in some NC, in theory we should
make it generated if not then we should had a fix in dbcheck.

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team        http://samba.org