Disable SMB2 for 3.6?

Thu Jul 7 08:29:24 MDT 2011

Hi!

architectural flaw in our SMB2 server: The credential
handling is not cleanly done in a central place but spread
out over way too many places. The symptom is that a
secondary tcon happens to be called as the user who has
issued the last SMB2 request, not as root as it has been
done in SMB1. This breaks quite some assumptions deep inside
our code. Finding such an architectural flaw at this late
stage in the release process scares me to death. So I would
strongly recommend that we disable compiling SMB2 in by
default and only enable it as highly experimental for 3.6.0.

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9