[Release Planning 3.6] Blockers Samba 3.6.0

Guenther Deschner gd at samba.org
Fri Jul 1 09:24:59 MDT 2011

On 06/30/2011 11:02 PM, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 07:55:43PM +0200, Karolin Seeger wrote:
>> But to be honest, I am running out of ideas how to get these printing
>> issues fixed. So we need to delay again... :-( But what is an appropriate
>> release date??? Or do we ship another rc next Wednesday (no, I do not want
>> to!)?
> Guenther, David,
> Is there any chance you can get the patch finished in time so
> Karolin doesn't have to delay 3.6.0-final ? These are the sole
> remaining blocking bugs and one already has a working patch, it
> just depends on the other.

We (David and me) are both still working on resolving the migration 
issues. We do that by calling into the winreg backend directly now (w/o 
going over spoolss), we also removed the duplicated migration code 
between spoolssd and the net binary. Sorry it takes so long, we 
hopefully have it done by monday next week. In the other bug there were 
some patches that simo nacked, IIRC. Not sure how to deal with those. 
Simo, can you comment ?


Günther Deschner                    GPG-ID: 8EE11688
Red Hat                         gdeschner at redhat.com
Samba Team                              gd at samba.org

More information about the samba-technical mailing list