[Release Planning 3.6] Blockers Samba 3.6.0

simo idra at samba.org
Fri Jul 1 11:18:32 MDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-07-01 at 17:24 +0200, Guenther Deschner wrote:
> On 06/30/2011 11:02 PM, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 07:55:43PM +0200, Karolin Seeger wrote:
> >>
> >> But to be honest, I am running out of ideas how to get these printing
> >> issues fixed. So we need to delay again... :-( But what is an appropriate
> >> release date??? Or do we ship another rc next Wednesday (no, I do not want
> >> to!)?
> >
> > Guenther, David,
> >
> > Is there any chance you can get the patch finished in time so
> > Karolin doesn't have to delay 3.6.0-final ? These are the sole
> > remaining blocking bugs and one already has a working patch, it
> > just depends on the other.
> We (David and me) are both still working on resolving the migration 
> issues. We do that by calling into the winreg backend directly now (w/o 
> going over spoolss), we also removed the duplicated migration code 
> between spoolssd and the net binary. Sorry it takes so long, we 
> hopefully have it done by monday next week. In the other bug there were 
> some patches that simo nacked, IIRC. Not sure how to deal with those. 
> Simo, can you comment ?

I've discussed with David, and I think we agreed on moving some of that
code in server.c, if it requires to much work I am ok with putting those
patches temporary in in order to ship the release an work out the right
stuff later.


Simo Sorce
Samba Team GPL Compliance Officer <simo at samba.org>
Principal Software Engineer at Red Hat, Inc. <simo at redhat.com>

More information about the samba-technical mailing list