steps for upgradeprovision with multiple DCs

Aaron Solochek aarons-samba at aberrant.org
Tue Jan 11 11:39:34 MST 2011

On 01/11/2011 11:42 AM, Aaron Solochek wrote:
> At some point someone sent explicit instructions (that is, the actual commands)
> for manually removing a secondary DC from the sam so upgradeprovision would run.
>  I can't find those.  Can someone please tell me what those are?
>
> Then after I run upgradeprovision on the master, what do I want to do on the
> backup DC to sync it and rejoin it?
>

> I'm doing this with the git master samba4.  I've given up on the debs since they
> don't actually make anything easier, and it's too difficult debug other problems
> when I can't identify what version I'm actually running.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Aaron

Ok, I finally found the steps, but I'm getting this error if I do a --full

Exception during upgrade of samdb:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/sbin/upgradeprovision", line 1102, in update_partition
    provisionUSNs, names.invocation)
  File "/usr/local/sbin/upgradeprovision", line 864, in update_present
    curval = current[0].get(att, ())
TypeError: function takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)
Update failed
Rolling back all changes. Check the cause of the problem

Thoughts?

-Aaron