steps for upgradeprovision with multiple DCs

Taylor, Jonn jonnt at taylortelephone.com
Tue Jan 11 12:17:41 MST 2011

On 01/11/2011 12:39 PM, Aaron Solochek wrote:
> On 01/11/2011 11:42 AM, Aaron Solochek wrote:
>> At some point someone sent explicit instructions (that is, the actual commands)
>> for manually removing a secondary DC from the sam so upgradeprovision would run.
>>  I can't find those.  Can someone please tell me what those are?
>>
>> Then after I run upgradeprovision on the master, what do I want to do on the
>> backup DC to sync it and rejoin it?
>>

>> I'm doing this with the git master samba4.  I've given up on the debs since they
>> don't actually make anything easier, and it's too difficult debug other problems
>> when I can't identify what version I'm actually running.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> -Aaron
>>
> Ok, I finally found the steps, but I'm getting this error if I do a --full
>
> Exception during upgrade of samdb:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/sbin/upgradeprovision", line 1102, in update_partition
>     provisionUSNs, names.invocation)
>   File "/usr/local/sbin/upgradeprovision", line 864, in update_present
>     curval = current[0].get(att, ())
> TypeError: function takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)
> Update failed
> Rolling back all changes. Check the cause of the problem
>

> Thoughts?
>
> -Aaron

I had the same problem. According to the dev team you should need to run
the upgrade script for all upgrades. If you are running an older alpha14
release and are upgrading to git master you can just remove all old bin
and lib files and then do a make install. See my post about samba 4
upgrade problem.

Jonn